THEME: UNITE, EQUIP, AND EMPOWER TO SERVE
Scripture: Ephesians 4:11-13
UNITE would be motivated to encourage their local church to faithfully support the Northern Ohio Baptist District Association. It is crystal clear that the Association cannot thrive without the presence and participation of the pastors.
EQUIP The uplifted assignment of the Northern Ohio Baptist District Association is to promote missions and to contribute generously to missionary conventions and opportunities both foreign and domestic.
EMPOWER MEMBERS TO SERVE– We are concerned about the geographical areas where we meet, therefore, we will extend the mandate as set forth in Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 1:8 as we “wear out our soles for more souls.” The major focus of the Northern Ohio Baptist District Association is to teach, instruct, guide and empower the constituents toward the most excellent way! With this in mind scholarships will be given each year to deserving students who meet the criteria set forth by the Scholarship Committee
DOCTRINAL STATEMENT: WE BELIEVE
1. That the Bible is the infallible, ierrant Word of God and, therefore, is the fianl authority in all matters both in the church and in life.
2. That God is Triune. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost. He is all knowing, all seeing, all powerful and eternally existing.
3. The Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son. That he left heaven, came down through 42 generations, and was born of the Virgin Mary. That He lived a sinless life although He was tempted as we are. That He healed the sick, raised the dead, forgave sinners and pleased zHis Father.
4. That He died on Calvary’s Cross, was buried in a borrowed tomb, rose on the third day, was seen by many, ascended to the Father and will come again soon to receive Believers unto Himself forever.
5. That there are two Ordinances of the Church, Water Baptism and Holy Communion.
6. That Satan is a fallen angel and is the adversary of God and the Human race.
7. That the NOBDA isa body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ who assemble regularly to worship God and carry out his mandates.
8. That the one mission of the church and the NOBDA is to win lost souls and the perfect the saints for the work of the ministry for the edifying of the body of Christ.